四维英语工作室

找回密码
 注册(中文实名)
楼主: admin

MBA英语单词故事烙印新版GOOD

[复制链接]
 楼主| admin 发表于 2013-2-24 15:18:14 | 显示全部楼层
61   Irenehad a fancy for fantastical stories since childhood. Anything todo with old myths and legends fascinated her. Every night, her mind gavein to fatigue and she fell asleep. At the age of 25, Irene won herfame by her first novel. Her novel was by far better thanthat of any other writers in the city. She became the favorite writer inthe readers' hearts. They were in favor of her. They were favorableto her ideas. But Irene's father-in-law was constantly findingfault with her. They had so far failed to reach anagreement. Irene was sure that her husband was far from a fool.But he pretended not to see this. He could not overcome his fatal weakness,cowardly character. So Irene longed to travel to places as far as shecould arrive. Her judgment was frequently faulty, but her love for herhusband was not false.  It was a painful farewell.Then, Irene paid the bus fare to the airport. On the airplane, shefastened her seat belt and wondered what she would face. Ladies liked tofollow the fashion. But Irene did not. She did not want to go to a fashionableplace. In the country she arrived at, thousands of people died of famine. Irenewas not really familiar with local laws, which brought some trouble toher. Sometimes she wondered what fate had in store for her next. All theway, she faxed her essays back to the publishing company.

自孩童起,艾琳就喜爱异想天开的故事。任何与古代神话和传奇有关的事情都会强烈吸引她。每天夜里,她会思考到疲劳不堪才人睡。25岁的时候,艾琳的第一本小说给她带来了名声。她的小说比那个城市的其他作家写的书好得多。她成了读者心中最喜欢的作家。他们支持她。他们赞许她的思想。但是艾琳的公公却一直挑剔她。他们迄今为止没有达成共识。艾琳肯定她的丈夫远非一个笨蛋,但他装作看不见这点。他无法克服他致命的弱点:懦弱。于是艾琳渴望去远至她能够到达的地方旅游。她的判断经常有错误,但她对丈夫的爱却不是虚伪的。那是痛苦的告别。然后,艾琳付车费去机场。在飞机上,她扎牢了安全带然后思考她将面临什么。女士们喜欢追赶时髦。但艾琳不是这样。她不想去一个时髦的地方。她到达的那个国家,成千上万的人死于饥荒。艾琳对当地法律不很熟悉,这给她带来一些麻烦。有时候她不知道等待她的命运是什么。一路上,她都把她写的短文传真回出版社。

楼主| admin 发表于 2013-2-24 15:18:33 | 显示全部楼层
62     Aleckwent to a local federal college. The college charged high fees.At first Aleck enjoyed the fellowship of his classmates. But soon he wasfed up with them. Quite a few students laughed at his femininefeatures. For example, Aleck had a small figure and he was too feebleto practice fencing. But other students often felled him at the fenceclass for fun. A person who cornered could be the fiercest one. Aleckbelonged to a fellowship of revenge. He felt like doingsomething fearful. He wanted to be a figure known to everyone. Hethought out a feasible plan. One night, Aleck fed in thepassword and then operated the networking computer.  Its feedbackwas quick. He figured out the exact figures of his classmates'credit cards. At a feudal festival, Aleck provided a feast forall of his classmates at home. Slinkingly, he built a fence around theyard to keep them out. Next, he fetched a bag of chemical fertilizerand exploded it! The fence was on fire! Even Aleck's man-made fiber coatcaught fire. Aleck took a ferry to escape. He came to the countryside.Anything grew in that fertile ground. It was a fiction. But whocould say it would not happen?

亚力克上了当地的联邦大学。大学收取的学费很高。起先亚力克很喜欢与同学们的伙伴关系。但很快他对他们感到厌倦了。不少学生嘲笑他的女性的特征。比如,亚力克的体形很小并因为太虚弱而不能练习击剑。但其他学生常常在击剑课上把他砍倒来取乐。一个人被逼到死角时是有可能成为最凶猛的人。亚力克属于一个报仇团体。他想要做些可怕的事情。他想成为一个众所周知的人物。他想出一个可行的计划。一天晚上,亚力克输入计算机密码然后操作联网计算机。它的反馈很快。他算出他同学信用卡的具体数字。在一个封建的节日,亚力克在家里为所有的同学准备了一次宴会。偷偷地,他在院子的四周围上了围栏防止他们出来。接下来,他取来一袋化学肥料然后爆炸了它!围栏起火了!甚至亚力克的人造纤维外衣也着了火。亚力克乘着渡船逃离了。他来到乡下。这块肥沃的土地上长满了各种植物。这是一篇小说。但谁能说它不会发生呢?

楼主| admin 发表于 2013-2-24 15:18:50 | 显示全部楼层
63      Onenight, a fishery was on fire. At first thedry sticks caught fire then a firm house nearby itflared up in the wind. The great flames flared through thedarkness. The owner of the fishery shook his fist at the fire.The wind flapped in his face and his eyes were flashing. Helooked as if he was about to flare up. Flashes oflightning illuminated the scene. The firemen came with their fittings.Fortunately, the casualties were finite. But the fishery wasconfronted with a financial crisis. The repairs to it would be financedby the government. A new fireplace fixture was fixed in thewall. The lake water passed through a new filter before it was piped tothe house. For the owner of the fishery, the government offered him a fittingposition in a firm. First of all, he should fill in allthe blanks on an application for the job. Finally, the police foundout the reason of the accident. A boy set fire to a firework,and it burned on the sticks. The police reported its findings after thethorough investigation.

一天夜里,一个渔场烧着了。最初是干木柴着火,然后它附近一所坚固的房子也在风中突然燃起来。巨大的火焰在黑夜里闪烁渔场主对着大火挥舞着拳头。风拍打着他的脸,他的眼睛闪闪发光。他看起来像是要突然发怒的样子。闪电的闪光照亮了现场。消防队员带着他们的配件来了。幸运的是,人员伤亡有限。但渔场面临着财政的危机。政府渔场的修缮提供资金。新的壁炉固定物固定在墙上。湖水经过新的滤器过滤后通过管道进入室内。对于渔场的主人,政府给他在一家公司提供了一个适合的职位。首先他得填写好工作申请表上的所有空格。最终,警方查明了事故原因。一个男孩点燃了一个爆竹,爆竹在木柴上燃烧起来。警方在彻底调查后报告了调查结果

楼主| admin 发表于 2013-2-24 15:19:13 | 显示全部楼层
64    Therewas a folk story as follows. Edward ran a bakery. Hisbread had plenty of flavors. And the price of his bread fluctuated accordingto the people's needs. Both country folks and town folks likedhis bread. Every day a flock of customers waited for his store to open.All that came to his bakery should go over a flyover first. They flatteredhim about his cooking. Edward would flush with embarrassment. Being shywas the only flaw in his character. As a matter of fact, Edward was veryfond of cooking and foodstuff. His bakery was flourishing forfour reasons. First, he focused his attention on his work. Second, hemade bread with the best flour. Third, he had flexible flesh towork well. He folded the dough and then flattened it with hispalms. From time to time, he used some cooling fluid to cool the dough.The last reason was, he could speak dialect fluently. One day, Edwardcaught a flu. He went to the riverbank to relax. The river flowed southwestto the Atlantic. It flushed after theheavy rain. A fleet was seen in the distance. Several branches floateddown the river. One of them was locked by the flaw of a stone.Edward picked it up and flung it into the river. He liked to see foamon the river. The frightened fish fled away. The fog closedin so Edward went home.
     如下是一个民间故事。爱德华开了一个面包店。他的面包有许多风味。并且他的面包的价格是根据人们的需要而波动的。乡下的人们和城里的人们都喜欢他的面包。每天都有一顾客等着他的店开门。所有来他店的人都必须先经过一座立交桥。他们奉承他的烹饪技术。爱德华就会困窘地脸红起来。害羞是他性格里的惟一缺陷。事实上,爱德华非常喜欢烹饪和食品。他的面包店如此兴旺有4个原因:一、他集中注意力在工作上。二、他用最好的面粉做面包。三、他有柔韧的肌肉来卖力工作。他将面团折叠然后用手掌使变平。—不时地,他用冷却来冷却面团。最后一个原因是他当地方言说得很流利。一天,爱德华得了流行性感冒。他去河边放松自己。河水朝西南方向人大西洋。它在暴雨之后奔流着。远处有一支舰队。几根树枝顺河漂浮而下。其中一根被一块石头的裂缝卡住了。爱德华拾起米然后用力地抛人河中。他喜欢看河水的泡沫。受惊吓的鱼儿逃走了。笼罩而来,于是爱德华回家了。

楼主| admin 发表于 2013-2-24 15:19:32 | 显示全部楼层
65  I read astory recently. Benny got a new job. The contract would remain in force fora period of 3 years. And it came into force last month. BecauseBenny was a foreigner, his colleagues often made a fool of him.For example, smoking was forbidden in the forge, but they putcigarettes into his pocket. Benny always forgave them. One day the bossannounced a competition and its format. Benny would be foremostto enter it. Like his forefather, Benny had the ability to foresee thefuture. It was important for a factory to formulate the production process.Benny suggested that the boss format the production process, andso forth. The boss approved his proposal after Benny formulatedit. It was fortunate to work for a wise boss. Benny forged a newset of forks with great skill. Before the formation of a newidea, he would touch his forehead with his forefinger. On the dayof evaluation, Benny went forth to show the samples. He forecasted thatat least one of his products would pass the exam. His mother had told him his fortuneand she said luck was forthcoming. Benny won the first prize of thecompetition. He was awarded a fortnight's holiday and 100 thousanddollars. Both holiday and fortune were satisfying, but Benny liked theformer better. The foregoing story was by an English writer.

我近来读了一则故事。本尼得到了新工作。合同三年有效,并且它从上个月起就生效了。因为本尼是个外国人,他的同事常常愚弄他。比如,锻工车间禁止吸烟的,但他们把香烟放进他的口袋里。本尼总是原谅他们。一天,老板宣布了一次竞赛和竞赛样式。除了本尼没人愿意最先参加。像他的祖先一样,本尼有能力预知将来。对工厂来说,规划生产工序是很重要的。本尼建议老板格式化生产工序等等。老板在本尼系统地阐述了建议后批准了它。为一位明智的老板工作真是幸运。本尼非常技巧地锻造一套新*子。在一个新主意形成之前,他会用食指来抚摩额头。到了验收的那天,本尼走向前展示样品。他预测他的作品中至少有一样会通过测试。他的母亲已经告诉了他关于他的命运,她说好运即将到来了。本尼赢得了一等奖。他被奖励一个两星期的假期和10万美元。假期和财产都是令人满意的,但本尼更喜欢前者前述的故事是一个英国作家写的。

楼主| admin 发表于 2013-2-24 15:19:49 | 显示全部楼层
66 Robert's fatherworked in a freight company. His mother was a housewife. The familynever had friction. To afford to send their son to go to college, thecouple spent only a fraction of their earnings. When he was only 3 yearsold, Robert knew 1/2 and 1/4 are fractions. And now Robert was afreshman at a big university. The foundation of the university tookplace over 100 years ago. It was famous for its ornate fountain and itsattractive forum. The topic recently was the framework ofdinosaur fossils. Robert found that several classmates werefriends with him on the first day. To be frank, he wanted to makefriends with them too. It was winter, but the air in the campus was fragrantbecause of winter sweets. Breathing it, Robert felt as if he was set freefrom a cage. Suddenly, he heard some cry, "Help!" It was fromthe lake. The ice of the lake fractured under the weight of the studentsskating on it. It was frequent in the winter. And one of them fell intothe lake. The other students were frightened by this. Not only didRobert have a powerful frame, but also a warm heart. He divedinto the lake. The student was saved but Roberts leg fractured in twoplaces. When his mother heard of this, she dropped the vase on the floor, andit broke into fragments. In a sliver frame on the table, therewas a photograph of her son. She was proud of her brave son but could not helpcrying.
    罗伯特的父亲在一家货运公司工作。他的母亲是个家庭主妇。这家人从来没有摩擦。为供儿子上大学,两夫妇只花了收入的一小部分。当罗伯特3岁的时候,他就知道1/2和l/4都是分数。现在罗伯特是一所大型的大学的大一学生。这所大学的建立有一百多年了。它因为它那华丽的喷泉和吸引人的论坛而著名。最近的论题是恐龙化石结构。第一天,罗伯特就发现几名同学他很友好坦白地说,他也想同他们交朋友。当时是冬天,但校园的空气因为腊梅而变得清。呼吸着空气,罗伯特感觉自己像是被人从牢笼释放出来一般。突然他听见“救命”的呼喊声。喊声来自湖边。湖面的冰在滑冰学生们的重量下开了。这在冬天是时常发生的。其中一个学生落人湖中。这情形使其他的学生惊恐。罗伯特不仅有一副强壮的骨架,更有一颗见义勇为的心。他跳人湖中。那名学生得救了,但因此罗伯特的腿两处骨折。当他的母亲听到这个消息,她把花瓶掉在地上摔成了碎片。桌上一个银框架里是一张儿子的照片。她为儿子骄傲,但仍然忍不住哭泣起来。

楼主| admin 发表于 2013-2-24 15:20:07 | 显示全部楼层
67 A frog anda squirrel were neighbors. There was a fundamental difference betweenthe two of them. The squirrel was diligent while the frog was lazy. In autumn,the frog made fun of the squirrel's diligence. He said,"Don't make so much fuss over saving your food." The squirrelanswered, "I only fulfill my obligation to build up a reservefund. The main function of it is to help me to get throughthe winter. If you make a fuss of yourself in fruitfulautumn, you will regret it in the cold winter." The frog frowned ather words and became furious. So he left without a goodbye. The wintercame. The squirrel had no expensive furniture, but she had a furnaceto keep her warm. Furthermore, she had a beautiful fur overcoat.Her house furnished everything that was needed for one's life. Forexample, the fuse-box was in the kitchen. Coal was used as fuel. Friedpine nuts were prepared for her dinner. On the contrary, the frog went toand fro on the frontier, looking for something edible. The groundwas covered with frost. The terrible weather frustrated his hopesof finding food. He was too tired and hungry to walk any further.Thenext day, he was found dead, frozen. The squirrel attended the frog's funeraland felt very sorry for him.

一只青蛙和一只松鼠是邻居。他们俩之间有着基本的区别。松鼠很勤奋而青蛙很懒惰。在秋天,青蛙取笑松鼠的勤劳。他说:“不要为储藏食物忙乱成那样子嘛。”松鼠回答:“我只是履行自己的职责来建立后备基金。它的主要作用就是帮助我度过冬天。如果你在果实累累的秋天太娇惯你自己的话,你将在寒冷的冬季后悔的。”青蛙对她的话皱眉并且暴怒起来。因此他没有道别就离开了。冬天来临了。松鼠没有昂贵的家具,但她有炉子来取暖。而且,她还有漂亮的毛皮大衣。她的房子装备了所有个人生活所需的一切。比如,保险丝盒子在厨房里。煤是用来做燃料的。油炸松子是她的正餐。与之相反,青蛙在边境来来回回地寻找能吃的东西。地面上覆盖着霜冻。可怕的天气挫败了他寻找食物的希望。他又累又饿,再也无法走得更远。第二天,他被发现已经死了,身体是冷冻的。松鼠参加了青蛙的葬礼,并且为他的死感到非常难过。

楼主| admin 发表于 2013-2-24 15:20:27 | 显示全部楼层
68  Mr.Adams's pictures about the Galaxy were shown in a famous gallery.He was a genius and he won his fame very early. And it was generous ofhim to contribute a lot of money every year. The lamps of the gallerywere full of gaseous neon, which made the light colorful. The openingceremony was the biggest gathering of the season. A galaxy ofartists attended it. All of them wore in nice garments. At the sametime, a gang of gays was on the way to the gallery. Ingeneral, there was a generation gap between the gays andtheir parents. Furthermore, some people regarded them as garbage. Thishatred was generated by prejudice. In fact, one could not generalizea conclusion from a few facts. Studies showed that a person's *** intention wasdecided by his or her genes. Fortunately, a new opinion was being generalizedin this regard. That is, the ethics should be geared to the society'sneeds. These men were gay at the thought of seeing the show whensuddenly a gear of the generator was broken. They gambledto drive the car to the garage for repair before their gasoline hadbeen used up. A worker fixed their car and added 2 gallons of fuel totheir car by using a gauge. Soon, the car galloped along the roadagain like a horse. Twenty minutes later, they arrived at the gallery, gaspingfor breath. All of the people including Mr. Adams gazed at them withsurprise. But as a genuine gentleman, he welcomed them sincerely.

亚当斯先生描绘银河系的画儿在一家著名的画廊展出。他是个天才,很早就赢得了名声。并且他每年都慷慨地捐赠许多钱。画廊的灯泡都充了气态的氖,这使得灯光五颜六色。开幕式是那个季度最盛大的集会一群杰出的艺术家都来参加了。所有的人都穿着得体的衣服。与此同时,一伙同性恋正在来画廊的路上。通常同性恋和他们的父母之间有着代沟。此外,一些人还把他们当作垃圾。这种仇恨产生于偏见。实际上,人们不能从一两件事情上就归纳出一个结论。研究指出,一个人的性取向取决于他或她的基因。幸运的是,关于这点,一个新的观念正在推广。那即是,道德伦理应该根据社会的需要而相应调整。这些人一想到能看展览就很快乐,突然发电机上的一个齿轮坏了。在汽油用光之前他们冒险驾驶着汽车到修车厂修理。一名工人修好了他们的车子,又用一个量表给车加了两加仑的汽油。很快,汽车像一匹马那样又在公路上奔驰起来。20分钟后,他们气喘吁吁地来到了画廊。所有的人包括亚当斯先生都惊奇地注视着他们。不过作为一个真正的绅士,他真诚地欢迎了他们。

楼主| admin 发表于 2013-2-24 15:20:47 | 显示全部楼层
69  Theschool was said to be haunted by a giant ghost. A student did encounterit. The news got around quickly. Somebody did not see what thestudent got at, so he got down what he saw to gethis encounter across. "That evening, after I gotthrough my geometry examination, I got around to doingmy geography homework. That was the duty I could not get out of.I got down to some geographical questions. However, I havemore interest in geology. And I will get around to exploremore places. Ok, I get back to the subject. My homework was getting alongmuch better. Somebody called my name, and I saw a ghost gettingin the classroom while gesturing at me! I got off theclassroom as quickly as I could. It was surprising that the ghost movedaside to let me get by. I climbed to the top of a tree. The ghostcould not get at me, so he waited. How on earth did I getinto such a ridiculous situation? I knew I could not let the ghostget the better of me. If only I could get out of mytimidness, I would feel better. I managed to get over my fearthen got through to the police with my mobile phone. The policecar came soon. The policemen got off the car. They gottogether under the tree. The ghost got away. ThenI could get down from the tree. I went home. I got a cold thatnight. Colds are spread by germs. I got over my illnessvery slowly."

据说这个学校有一个巨大的鬼魂出没。一个学生的确遭遇到了。消息传开得很快。一些学生不明白这个学生意思是什么。于是他写下他所见的来解释清楚他的遭遇。“那天晚上,在我结束几何考试之后,我找时间做我的地理作业。那是我不可逃避的责任。我着手一些地理的题目。可是我对地质学更感兴趣。并且我将旅行来探索更多的地方。好吧,言归正传。我的作业进展得不错。有人喊我的名字。我看见一个鬼魂进入教室,还向我做手势!我尽可能快地离开教室。奇怪的是鬼魂*边让我通过了。我爬上树顶。鬼魂无法接近我,于是他等待着。我究竟如何使自己陷入这荒谬的局面的呢?我知道自己不能让鬼魂占上风。只要我改掉自己胆怯的缺点,我就能感觉好点。我尽力克服了害怕,用手机接通了警局的电话。警车很快到达。警察车上下来。他们集合在树下。鬼魂逃脱了,我也得以树上下来。我回家去。那天夜里,我得了感冒。感冒是通过细菌传播的。我很久才从病中恢复过来

楼主| admin 发表于 2013-2-24 15:21:08 | 显示全部楼层
70   Itwas winter morning. The rising sun looked liked an orange globe. It glitteredin the gigantic sky. Its light glared on the ice. The skatersglided gracefully over the ice. Charles glorified the gloriousscene. There was a glow of health in his face. He put on his glovesthen went to work. Charles was a gifted technician. He was a gloryof his profession. No one knew he was a business spy. He didn't givehimself away so far. The secretary gave out newspapers.He glanced at the headlines in it. Then he saw one of them, "It wascriminal to give away business secrets!" Charles glared atthe newspaper, feeling gloomy about his future. Though theair-conditioner gave off warm air, he felt cold. A glimpseof his face would tell you that he was worried. He gave back thenewspaper to the secretary. Finally, Charles gave in. Hegave up his criminal mind. His evilness gave way to hisconscience. He made up his mind to give himself up. So he wrote aletter and then glued a stamp onto the envelope. Next, he sent it to thepolice.

冬天的清晨,升起的太阳像一个橘红的球体。它在庞大的空中闪耀。阳光在冰面上闪光。溜冰者们在冰面上优美地滑行。查尔斯赞美壮丽的景色。他的脸因健康而发红。他戴上手套去上班。查尔斯是一个有天赋的技师。他是他那个行业的光荣。没人知道他是个商业间谍。他迄今没有露马脚。秘书分发报纸。他扫视了二下标题,看见了其中一条是:“泄露商业秘密是犯罪的!”查尔斯怒视着报纸,感到前途阴暗。虽然空调释放着热空气,他仍然感觉寒冷。你只要一瞥他的脸就明白他很担心。他将报纸送还给秘书。最终,查尔斯屈服了。他放弃了犯罪的念头。他的邪恶他的良心让了路。他决定自首。于是他写了一封信并在信封上粘贴了一张邮票。接着,他寄给了警察局。

楼主| admin 发表于 2013-2-24 15:21:25 | 显示全部楼层
71    Mr.Carson was a governor of M state. He went in for governing.He used to be a military officer. In a battle, a bomb went off justbehind him but he survived. The state went for Democrats. Twoyears ago, the state went through a test. Schistosomiasis waspopular in M state. A female doctor went deeply intoit. She went through many documents then invented a kind ofmedicine that was good for it. She managed to go without others'help. Somebody gossiped that she grabbed at the opportunity ofbecoming famous. But in fact she did it out of the goodness of herheart. There were enough medicines to go around. Soschistosomiasis had been wiped out for good in M state. Toappreciate the doctor, Mr. Carson visited her, and two assistants wentalong with him. He wore a new tie to go with his suit.The police examined their car and allowed them to go ahead. Thedoctor was a graceful woman. She went for classical music.Also, she went in for playing golf. She played golfas good as a professional. She even went for the golfchampionship that year. They talked and Mr. Carson knew something about herfather. The doctor's father had no head for business, and he went under.He had gone off to Edinburgh.The candle had gone out and Mr. Carson said goodbye to thedoctor. But he had made his mind to go after her. He was not thesort of man who would go back on his word. Two years wentby, and they married.

卡森先生是M州的州长。他致力于管理。他曾是一名军官。一场战斗中,一颗炮弹就在他身后爆炸而他幸存下来了。这个州拥护民主党。两年前,这个州经历了一场考验。血吸虫病在M州流行。一名女医生深入研究此病。她详细检查了许多文件然后发明了一种对此病有效的药。她没有别人的帮忙也行。一些人流言蜚语说她抓住了成名的机会。实际上她做此事是出自内心的善良。药品足够分配,于是血吸虫病在M州被永久消灭了。为了感谢医生,卡森先生拜访了她,两名助于随行。他戴了一条新领带他的西服协调。警察检查了他们的车后允许他们前进。医生是名文雅的女士。她喜爱古典音乐。并且,她还沉迷于高尔夫球。她打高尔夫打得和职业运动员几乎—样好。她甚至竭力想取得那年的高尔夫球赛的冠军。他们交谈起来,于是卡森先生知道了她父亲一些事情。医生的父亲没有商业头脑,他破产了。他动身去了爱丁堡。蜡烛熄灭了,卡森先生告辞。但他已经决定要追求她。他不是那种违背诺言的人。两年过去后,他们结婚了。

楼主| admin 发表于 2013-2-24 15:21:43 | 显示全部楼层
72  Davy was a Greek. He was a graduate of Athens University.He learned a lot of things in the university. For example, the grammar teacherstressed grammatical rules in each lesson. The physics teacher drew a graphto explain gravity. Davy made progress gradually. Thecommencement was held in the grand hall. That was the gravestoccasion Davy had ever taken part in. Each graduate behaved with gravityat it. The gracious principal made a speech. His hair had turned gray,so he put grease on it to make it shiny. Davy was assigned to thecountryside.  He was granted many privileges to cultivatecrops. At that time, corn was the most important grain in his village.But the greedy birds kept eating it. It seemed that they took itfor granted. The peasants could not bear wasting a grain ofrice. To solute the problem, Davy cultivated a new kind of corn which the birdsdisliked its taste. The peasants were grateful to him for what he did.To show their gratitude, they gave him a big basket of grapes. Agirl gave him a gold necklace of ten grams to express her love. IfDavy's mother knew it from the grave, she would feel happy for him.

戴维是名希腊人。他是雅典大学的毕业生。他在学校里学了很多东西。比如语法老师每堂课都强调语法的规则,物理老师画图表来解释重力。戴维逐渐地取得进步。毕业典礼在豪华的大厅举行。这是戴维参加的最庄重的场合。每个毕业生都举止庄重亲切的校长发表了演讲。他的头发已经变了,于是他在上面抹油让它闪亮。戴维被分配到乡下。他被给予许多特权来培育农作物。那时,玉米是他那个乡村最重要的谷物。但是贪婪的鸟儿老是吃它。看起来它们以为理所当然。农民们是无法容忍浪费一大米的。为了解决这个问题,戴维培育出了一种新型的不对鸟儿口味的玉米。农民们对他所做的事情非常感激。为了表达他们的感激,他们送给他一大篮子的葡萄。一个女孩还送给他一条10重的金项链来表达爱意。如果戴维的母亲在坟墓里有知的话,她一定会为他感到高兴的。

楼主| admin 发表于 2013-2-24 15:22:01 | 显示全部楼层
73 A grocerbuilt up a greenhouse nearby a gulf. On the day the greenhousewas open to the public, the grocer greeted the guests at the door.The greeting to all the guests took more than half an hour. His wife groundcoffee beans for the guests. The smell greeted every one. All of theguests spent a wonderful day. But that night, the greenhouse caughtfire. The frightened wife gripped her husband's arm. It grievedthem to see the greenhouse burning into ashes. The couple groanedin pain. They should be certainly on guard. The gross ofthe damage was 50 thousand dollars. The next day, the arsonist was arrested ata gymnasium. He was a guy who chewed gum all the time. Hislanguage and behavior were gross. He exploded the gunpowder forfun but it caused the fire. The arsonist was only 14. He wasn't grown-up.He needed some guidance in his growth, but his parents died yearsago. Having known everything, the grocer gave up the prosecution.Instead of this, he wanted to adopt the boy! Then the boy felt guilty.He gave his guarantee that he would never do bad things again.

一名杂货商在一个海湾附近建造了一个温室。在温室对外开放的那天,杂货商在门口迎接客人。光是对所有客人的问候就花去了超过半小时的时间。他的妻子为客人磨碾咖啡豆,香气扑鼻。所有的客人度过了愉快的一天。但那天夜里,温室着火了。受惊吓的妻子抓紧丈夫的胳膊。看着温室烧成灰烬真使他们悲伤。这对夫妇痛苦地呻吟。他们早该防范一些的。损失的总额是5万美元。第二天,纵火犯在一家体育馆被逮捕了。他是一个整天嚼着口香糖家伙。他的言行很粗鲁。他爆炸火药找乐子,却造成了大火。纵火犯才14岁。他还没有成人。他在成长过程中需要一些引导,但他的父母几年前就死了。知道一切后,杂货商放弃了起诉。取而代之的是,他愿意领养这个男孩!直到那刻男孩才感觉内疚了。他保证再也不做坏事了。

楼主| admin 发表于 2013-2-24 15:22:20 | 显示全部楼层
74   Mr. Arnold was a man who hewed to the line. He had his haircut once amonth. He had his habitual breakfast, hamburger and hamsandwich every morning. That morning, it hailed heavily. Mr. Collins, aneighbor lived close at hand, asked his help. His daughter wasboxed up in the forest. Mr. Arnold was hampered by a difficulty. Hedidn't have his useful tools on hand expect a hammer madeby hand. But the custom of helping each other had been handeddown in that village. So he promised to handle the situation. Onthe one hand Mr. Arnold invited a handful of villagers, onthe other hand he called the police. They would act hand in hand.Every villager handed in an application to express hisdetermination. The villagers handed on the girl's photographs.Mr. Arnold handed out the handbooks to everyone. He askedthem to read the handout carefully. The police came and Mr. Arnold handedover command of the action. Then they set out. From time to time, they haltedfor a rest because Mr. Collins was handicapped by his eyesight. Theyhad the situation well in hand. An hour later, they found thegirl's handkerchief. The success was on hand. They soonfound her! The whole village hailed the returning heroes! Christmas wasat hand, the girl recovered. She brought a handful flowers toMr. Arnold.

阿诺德先生是个循规蹈矩的人。他每个月理发一次。他每天早上都是惯常的早餐,汉堡包火腿三明治。那天早上,冰雹下得厉害。柯林斯先生,一个住在附近的邻居来向他请求帮助。他的女儿被困在森林里了。阿诺德先生被一个困难阻碍:他有用的工具没在手边;惟一的工具是把手工制作的铁锤。但互相帮助的传统在那个乡村是流传下来的。于是他许诺处理这事。一方面,阿诺德先生请了少数村民帮忙,另一方面他报了警。他们将携手联合行动。每个村民都递交了一份志愿书表明他的决心。村民们依次传递女孩的照片。阿诺德先生分发手册给每个人。他吩咐他们认真阅读散发的文字材料。警察赶到后阿诺德先生移交了行动指挥权。然后他们出发。不时地,他们要止步休息一会儿,因为柯林斯先生的视力妨碍了他。局势在控制中。一小时后,他们找到了女孩的手帕。成功临近了。然后他们很快找到了她!整个乡村都欢呼英雄归来!圣诞节即将到来,女孩康复了。她给阿诺德先生带来一把花。
 楼主| admin 发表于 2013-2-24 15:22:39 | 显示全部楼层
75  Jacobloved his wife very much. His tastes were in harmony with hers, whichbrought them into harmony. They ran a hardware store weekdays. Onweekends, they hatched chickens or went hunting for hares. The harvestof crops was bad that year because of the flood. The government ordered to harnessthe fiver. Many men including Jamb volunteered to help. They stayed on theriverbank day and night. Their homes were quite handy, but everyone hungon to their work. Hardly anybody left his post. Two monthlater, Jacob hardly finished his work when he hastenedhome. But he was shocked to see that his wife was with an escaped criminal!"Harboring criminals is an offence in law!" Jacob said to hiswife. She looked at him with hatred, "I want to divorce you."He said to his wife, "It is harmful for you to make a hastydecision. I will give you some more time." He left home in haste.Jacob found a job on a harbor. He hauled the fish into the boateveryday. It was a hateful job. But a strong man would bear hardshipwithout complaining. Life on a boat had hardened him. At night, Jamb hungabout at the harbor. There was a handy place for thetelephone. He wanted to call his wife, but always hung back. Onenight, he did call. A man answered the phone, "Hang on, sheis coming. Darling, your call." Jacob hung up the phone. Hisheart was broken.

杰可伯非常爱他的妻子。他的爱好同她的爱好协调,这使得他们很融洽。他们在工作日里经营着一个五金店。周末,他们小鸡或是出去打野兔。那年因为洪水的缘故,农作物收成不好。政府下令治理河流。许多人包括杰可伯都自愿帮忙。他们日夜地呆在河岸上。他们的家都很近便,但每个人都将自己的工作坚择下去几乎没有人离开自己的岗位。两个月后,杰可伯刚一完成工作,就赶忙回家去。但他震惊地看到他的妻子和一名逃犯在一起!“窝藏罪犯是犯法的!”他对妻子说。而她憎恨地回答:“我要与你离婚。”杰可伯对妻子说:“做出草率的决定对你是有害的。我愿意给你多一些时间。”他匆忙地离开了家。杰可伯在一个港口找到一份工作。他每天将鱼拖曳到船里。这是份可恨的工作。但一个坚强的男人是会忍受困苦而不抱怨的。船上的生活已经使他变硬朗了。晚上,杰可伯在港口徘徊。有个方便的地方可以打电话。他想给妻子打电话,但总是踌躇着。一天晚上,他终于打了。一名男子接了电话:“等一下,她就来。亲爱的,你的电话。”杰可伯挂断电话。他的心碎了。

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|王建华四维英语工作室 ( 赣ICP备10001015号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 01:55 , Processed in 0.078125 second(s), 19 queries .