参加活动:0

组织活动:0

张姝梅 发表于 2012-6-6 21:41:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

请联系QQ393038533 以便注册 享用更多功能

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册(中文实名)

x

扫二维码,用手机阅读
链接地址:http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/lan ... ontent_15475475.htm

Queen Elizabeth II has given a speech to MPs and peers at the Palace of Westminster to mark her Diamond Jubilee.

The Queen celebrated her Diamond Jubilee by paying tribute to the British virtues of "resilience, ingenuity and tolerance", and to the Duke of Edinburgh, her "constant strength and guide" over the decades.

In a landmark address to both Houses of Parliament the monarch repeated her vow made on Accession Day in February to "rededicate myself to the service of our great country".

In the ancient Westminster Hall the monarch stood to give her address, telling MPs and peers that since she came to the throne she has been a regular visitor to the Palace of Westminster.

She added: "During these years as your Queen, the support of my family has, across the generations, been beyond measure.

"Prince Philip is, I believe, well-known for declining compliments of any kind. But throughout he has been a constant strength and guide."

This was the monarch's sixth address to both Houses of Parliament. She gave similar speeches in celebration of her Golden Jubilee in 2002 and Silver Jubilee 25 years earlier in 1977.

Among the guests was Prime Minister David Cameron, some members of his Cabinet, former premiers Tony Blair and Gordon Brown and Labour leader Ed Miliband.

本版积分规则

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|王建华四维英语工作室 ( 赣ICP备10001015号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 11:12 , Processed in 0.078125 second(s), 34 queries .