查看: 903|回复: 0

[2014教学基本功赛] 英语基本功大赛演讲稿

[复制链接]
郑子琪 发表于 2014-12-12 15:14:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

请联系QQ393038533 以便注册 享用更多功能

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册(中文实名)

x
Be the best of whatever you are!
  For most of us, to be the best maybe means making a lot of achievements, getting high grades at school, earning a lot of money and so on. Someone might say, ‘Yes, I just want to be the best and this is actually the life I want to live.’ Well, not many of them can really realize their dreams. Then someone might say, ‘Since I can’t be the best, then I can be myself. Do everything I want and be the one I want to be.’ Well, you can choose to live this way. But are you sure that you’ll not go astray just because you want to be yourself? These so-called ‘to be the best’ or ‘to be myself’ are just a little one-sided. In my opinion, we should try to be the best self. The experience of Einstein made me deeply believe in this. At the age of nine, Einstein and his classmates were asked to make a little sculpture. All the students soon finished the work except him. When the teacher began to examine their work, she saw the unfinished sculpture of Einstein and shouted with surprise, ‘Oh my god! This is the ugliest sculpture I have ever seen. I 'm sure that nobody could make a worse one.' Einstein said calmly, ‘No, I've ever seen a worse one, the one I made last time.' When I first saw these words, I felt amused about it. Then I learned something from it –even if you can't be the best, you can be the best of yourself. Every time you make a little progress, you are the best of yourself. To be the best self is much more realistic than to be the best and more responsible than to be myself. We set a goal and devote ourselves to it, so even we fail, we’ll not regret. Just as a saying: ‘Till good is better, but better best.’ So the one I have to compare with is not others but myself. In that way, I prefer to be the best of myself and enjoy the things I was doing.So I want to say:
     If you can't be a pine on the top of the hill,
  Be a scrub in the valley---but be
  The best little scrub by the side of the rill;
  Be a bush if you can't be a tree.
  If you can't be a bush be a bit of grass--but be
  And some highway happier make.
   We can't all be captains, we've got to be crew,
  If you can't be a highway then just be a trail,
  If you can't be the sun, be a star;  
Be the best of whatever you are!

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|王建华四维英语工作室 ( 赣ICP备10001015号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 15:30 , Processed in 0.046875 second(s), 25 queries .