英语阅读技巧.jpg
在刚刚结束的全国高中展示课上,江苏省的课例受到广泛好评,获得第一名,其教学内容“What is life?” 也得到广泛关注。
为此,我们找到未删节的原文(详见文末附录),特请大家结合我们这两周关于阅读问题的讨论,进行阅读问题设计。

, N- r5 r, `1 n# |& V1 {                               
登录/注册后可看大图
今日小结鲁子问:华中师范大学教授
今天我们分享的有宁夏王东君老师的设计、天津邵环老师和员文婷老师的设计、安徽阮兴武老师和李伦军老师的设计。限于篇幅,此处我们只能分享李老师、员老师的设计。
我先就阅读问题的层次性做一简要说明。
在英语课程中,我们引导学生阅读时,总要提出各自问题,而问题的层次性直接关系到阅读的质量。对问题的层次性的探讨很多,我们认为,较为便于使用的,是布鲁姆的目标层次,即:知晓、理解、运用、分析、综合与评价 。
知晓层面的问题,我们可以用提“What is …? Where is …? Which one …?”这类问题,其功能,主要目的在于引导学生在阅读中发现语句、语词层面、以及语篇层面的具体信息、事实。
理解层面的问题,主要引导学生对事实与观点进行准确理解,我们可以提问“How would you compare …?  Which is the best answer …? How would you classify the type of …?”等。
运用层面的问题,是引导学生将阅读所获得信息等在不同环境与条件下加以运用,如“How would you use ...? What would result if …? What other way would you plan to …?”等。
分析层面的问题引导学生分析所阅读文本,问题可以是“Why do you think …? What inference can you make …? What is the relationship between …?”。
综合层面的问题引导学生综合文本中所获得信息,得出新的结论,问题可以是“What ways could...? Why do you think …? Imagine …”等。
评价层面的问题引导学生对文本信息、借助文本信息对某些观点进行评价,问题可以是“Do you agree/disagree …? Why do you think …?  Decide if …”等。
[size=1em]
当然,我们不是说必须按照六层次提问,也不是说必须包括六层次的问题,而是建议借助六层次帮助我们思考:我们设计的问题的层次性是否足够丰富。
从表面、引申和批判三个层面分析+ j( O7 w; W% ]) Y: ~# w5 X
李伦军:安徽省合肥十一中英语教师
我个人觉得Bloom的问题层次分类很好,但是我认为在处理有些文本时发现有些分类如knowledge和comprehension; Analysis和Synthesis,以及evaluation之间的界限并不是很清楚,另外基于课堂实际可能也不太好操作,所以结合自己的理解和课堂可操作性进行了三个层面的问题设计(见表1)。
表1. 李伦军老师针对表面、引申和批判三个层面的阅读设计
Dimension
Questions                                                                                             

/ l( D. ?, x2 k6 _# x
Prediction: What’s the story about?
Read and check out the main idea.
Literal
(1)How old was Rose when I first met her?
(2)Why did she go to college?
(3)What advice did she give on life in her speech?
Inferential
(1)What does “time machine” refer to in Para.3?
(2)How was Rose’s life in college?
(3)How was growing old different from growing up according  to
the experience  of Rose?
(4)What words can be used to best describe Rose?
(5)What’s the possible theme of the song sung by Rose at  the end of
her  speech?
Critical
(1)Do you think “Rose” is the real name of the lady?
(2)What’s your understanding of “growing old” and “growing  up”?
(3)If you were the old lady, Rose, what would you do with  the rest
of your life?

# S( {. M; u7 l1 G9 H

6 [' Z' O1 V& _" q. E7 ]                               
登录/注册后可看大图
从记叙文四大要素入手员文婷:天津51中英语教师$ g1 N, z. N4 f! o9 c; @
本文是一篇寓意深刻的优美叙事散文。因此,对于文章第一步的整体感知环节可从记叙文的几要素入手——人物、时间、地点、事件。以这四个要素为切入点,学生借助表格快速阅读,寻找相关信息,短时间内理清文章的脉络和关键事件。表格设计如下:( Q5 }7 V. E2 @8 Y" m; ]0 a
表2. 员文婷老师针对人物、地点、时间、事件四个要素的阅读设计
Who
Rose
Where
The university campus
When
On  the first day of university
Over  the course of the year
At the end of the semester
At  the end of the year
One  week after graduation
What
She  introduced herself
She made lots of friends
She  made a speech
She finished her college degree
She died peacefully

1 [& {9 m- \" V1 }* @/ [# e
表格中划线处为学生需填部分。实际操作中我们发现要适当给学生以提示信息,从而降低课堂操作难度,使得学生目的性更强的去阅读文本,准确获取信息。
随后提问学生:Why did Rose go back to college in her late 80s? 过渡到理解层面的问题,设计如下:
  f2 L" |$ U! p1 V1 G; t) u( w, J
1.What is the huge difference between growing older and growing up?
2.What’s your understanding towards the sentence “I’ll never get my speech back in order”?
3.What does the word“jittery”mean in the passage?
4.Why did the writer use the word“peacefully”to describe Rose’s death?
5.What does the phrase“time machine”imply?
6.What character is represented through the word“squeeze”?
借助理解层面的问题5、6,引入运用层面的问题
1.What kind of person was Rose according to the passage?
To people:              
To life:               
2. What have you learned from Rose’s8 ?) l4 Y! k& N' t& i1 T
3. Why did rose use the song to conclude her speech?
4. In the lyrics, what does the phrase “the bitter snows” refer to? What does the words “the seed” refer to ?
运用层面的第一个问题实际是让学生进行了一次头脑风暴,问题设计的初衷是为了帮助学生在脑中构建出Rose鲜活的人物特征,具体操作中一定要让学生从文本中找到相关支撑信息,切勿无中生有。这一过程既培养了学生捕捉细节、提炼信息的能力,同时也能再次品读文章。
[size=1em][size=1em]在我们借助文本,挖掘出Rose的性格特征、生活态度,帮助学生勾勒出一个饱满的人物形象之后则可以开始与学生共同分析文本内容, 逐步深化主题,内化语言,引导学生对人生观和价值观的思考。
) ^& g3 @2 C6 U分析层面的问题:
1. From this sentence“We became instant friends”, can we infer what kind of person the author is?
2. What is life to Rose?( W, E/ M7 I( _8 S3 c9 N( x
3. What’s the deep meaning of the title“The Rose”?
4. Why does Rose use the song The Rose to end her speech?
5. What can we learn from the lyrics?
, c$ Y2 @3 J3 L; O4 H
6. Dose Rose have anything in commonwith the flower“the rose”?
设问的目的是想借助问题,将“我”、Rose、歌曲、玫瑰花紧密联系起来,调动学生积极思考与探寻文章的深层含义。
综合性问题设计:
  g3 Y) h" r1 k% F$ W, B* H
1. Did Rose have a great influence on you?   k! O9 n. g# |$ I% A0 j
2. Do you think whether Rose made a living or made a life? Why?
3. How can Rose and her story inspire you and help you?
4. After learning the story, how do you think you can make your life more colorful?
评价性问题设计:
1. What can we learn from Rose? 4 v; b# c% B0 Y
2. From the sentence“Rose finished the college degree she had begun all those years ago”can we infer whether Rose had an easy life or not? What’s your opinion?
3. What’s the real purpose of the author writing this story?
4. Does the author tel l us“the meaning of life”in the story? What is your understanding?
5. What kind of life do you want to make when you are in college?
6. Do you have a dream? What’s your goal after graduating from college?
设计讨论与补充设计

8 a8 r' t) C+ s' t                               
登录/注册后可看大图
下面我先简要谈谈我对各位老师的设计的学习体会。7 B1 ~7 u* }# H! w+ ^
李老师设计的问题很简洁,非常实用,其问题分类也便于操作,适合经验丰富的老师使用。第二类的inferential的问题,还可以进一步突出infer的逻辑过程,现在的问题大多不需要真正的逻辑思辨过程就能回答。批判性的问题尽管只有三个,都很值得思考。不过,对于高中学生,这样的思考性的问题可以多一些,让学生选择问题思考,而且这样更有助于批判。
# G9 n' P4 O& a- N* Y: e
员老师的设计具有显著的教学过程特性,操作性很强,也有一些问题具有很强的开放性,同时把歌曲与文章结合得比较紧。和detail一词一样,plot一词过于宽泛,可以收敛一些。从问题而言,员老师关注了Rose对他人、对人生的态度,这有助于学生清晰把握Rose的性格特征。思考性的问题可以更丰富一些,让学生有更多思考的可能。: T$ k2 H7 h0 {
较为遗憾的是,没有对这篇文章提出质疑的问题。我们一定要对任何文本都进行质疑,尤其是对这种具有明显的宗教倾向的文本。. E6 z+ L5 ~* D7 a2 s; y) \
以下是我的设计
首先,说明我的设计对象。
我针对我所熟悉的某县一中学生设计,年级确定为高三。这些学生具有非常强的社会批判性,甚至表现出轻度的反社会性,基本不相信各种宣传,对人生有自己的看法,处在非常激烈的高考竞争之中,虽然他们基本上都能考上大学,最低也就是高职,但他们非常期待考到一所更加理想的大学,通过高考改变自己的命运。
* l* j/ s* t  T
关于材料,我会适当进行处理。. O3 [" j" i& l' c7 l
1、给学生阅读时,会删去最后一段话:God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.因为这段话太“宗教”,我不希望我的课太“宗教”。
0 c% A: {6 s8 }+ v8 q
2、我会增加一个左列的生词注释,也就是把所有生词的汉语词义全部列在文章左侧,因为这篇阅读的价值在于讨论人生,不在于解决生词,若让生词耽误了阅读,是非常得不偿失的,是典型的“拣了芝麻丢了西瓜”。
& g$ W- b1 W9 F5 o9 x
3、我把歌词附在文章后面,并说明:The following is the lyrics of the song The Rose. If you want, please read it.) f# R  t2 v# ]3 N9 N
一、导入(综合与判断层面的问题)
通过谈论马云对北大、清华的批评言论,引导学生思考:即使考上北大,也需要自己努力;即使只考上杭师大,自己努力也能改变人生。
" `) s% t. i1 w  H( I& Z
二、阅读(知道与理解层面的问题为主,少量综合与判断层面的问题)
, I; j% r, s  I+ [) j  N
然后告诉学生,今天阅读一篇关于人生的文章,希望对大家思考人生有些启发。/ D" x9 u+ p- N* r8 k4 k
让学生阅读文章,说出Rose的人生观。6 v# X2 Y# ^" W' f& j
我给学生10分钟进行阅读,让学生认真阅读故事,学生之后不再完整阅读文本。& f; n$ Z/ q* [+ F* a5 c
答案就是最后一句话:REMEMBER, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL. We make a Living by what we get. We make a Life by what we give.所有学生应该都能得出这一结论。( |6 x  [8 t( E4 C$ ?
然后我请学生把这两句翻译成中文,学生若把grow up翻译为“长大”,我让学生再思考更为合适的翻译,引导学生翻译为“成长”。然后让学生关注up这一词的特性,说明英文的表达,有的时候比汉语更为丰富,grow up是层次性的,是强调“不断提高,不断达到一个新的高度”,中文的“长大、成长”都没有这个意义,尽管“成长”更为积极一些。引导学生关注:英文、中文各有其独特之价值。希望学生以后不断思考自己是否“不断up”。+ }+ t3 D; v; m
让学生讨论:Rose是如何up的,“I”是如何在Rose的引领下up的。' D9 u9 R: L' J7 Z$ p7 \
引导学生根据需要,回读文章,获取信息。
2 k  W5 E5 Z' C
让学生根据意见给出的时间线,完成以下故事线:" a: h4 ]6 w% c- s
表3. 鲁子问老师设计的时间线与故事线
- f3 b# \1 E5 b  ^& @

登录/注册后可看大图

" A  s& |4 b2 ?9 z4 w# u' E
由于本次阅读重点在于观点,故而不要求学生写出内容,而是用不同颜色笔、或者不同线条形式,分别标注“I”和同学们、Rose的故事线。
学生完成故事线以后,我问学生是否想听那首歌的演唱,如果多数学生想听,我播放歌曲。
2 C6 P" x; ~# r; k
三、讨论(主要是运用、判断层面的问题,有些问题需要结合综合层面的问题)
: z( I! c: ^7 N2 e. R
让每个学生选择一个问题(只是一个),在小组内容阐述自己的观点,小组同学对其观点与阐述提出自己的看法。
$ C* t  x2 I" K6 E  g' \6 v
1. What does‘growing up’mean for Rose, for the author, and for you?9 U1 i4 n/ D2 G6 a" a
2. What‘ups’have you grown in your senior school life? What‘ups’do you hope to grow in your university life?2 o6 ?$ Z8 L: I8 Y
3. Have you ever met a‘Rose’? Do you think‘Rose’is very rare in your life?
4 ]# J! O* L& K: ?6 X
4. Do you hope to meet a‘Rose’when you are in the university? What kind of lessons do you hope to learn for your‘Rose’?' K5 E, Z' _: _
5. What is your seed in your life? Who have planted such a seed in your heart?
- _' [' t  i# u) p) k3 n0 n6 Y
6. Do you think Rose has an easy life? Why or why not? Do you think Rose has a happy life? Why or why not?# e  ?, R; x  z
7. Do you want to lead a life like Rose? Why or why not?
3 U( E# O& W0 a/ e  I
8. Do you hope to be a seed for others? If yes, how? If no, why not?
; x7 q4 Z' P. u+ b4 ~  c
9. Do you think this is a real life story? Or a fictional story? Prove your answer.) u' @: E: O" u( w* p- N
10. Does Rose lead her whole life by giving? Prove your answer.
; X3 L1 ?* P. \
11. For what purpose(s) did ‘I’ write this story?+ {1 c8 x5 K3 i' z3 j: k
12. Can everyone lead a life by giving? Prove your answer.% _% U' J( h# z2 G) M$ W( ]
13. If giving makes a life, and getting make a living, what’s the relationship between giving and getting?
, ^7 W9 S, C+ I/ M% R4 y0 {
14. Has Rose ever made a living by getting? Prove your answer.5 Q# M! J: G0 l; a. ~
15. What has Rose given to other people? How did her giving make a life for her?6 W( }" U! C$ j' p+ J
16. Do you like lyrics or the melody of the song? Why or why not?
- _) b, N3 S- ]& x; C7 C$ {
17. The difference between ‘growing up’ and ‘长大’ can bring us more insights about life. Try to find more cases between Chinese and English which have the same function.
1 Y* U. j7 k7 |1 }9 d' P
1 R1 t# |  J9 {6 H- }
让学生基于小组同学的批评意见,再度思考自己的观点。
+ G- Z" A& I1 a/ }& u; c
然后,鼓励部分学生基于小组意见,阐述自己的观点。, ~% W. [7 I, J3 n( H9 h9 g
鼓励学生课后分享各自的观点,建议学生把自己的阐述阐释写出来,贴在教室,与全班分享。
' |. B' b% B0 L& [. n  U/ G
以上讨论活动,鼓励用英文阐述,允许在必要时使用中文帮助自己完成阐述。
, y. S4 J6 y4 Q5 ^, o# j' {
鼓励学生课后思考、和老师讨论前面列出的所有讨论问题。
附录:The Rose原文The Rose9 h0 A( o! W: Q- G
The first day of school our professor introduced himself and challenged us to get to know someone we didn't already know. I stood up to look around when a gentle hand touched my shoulder. ! y0 G1 S3 u; J* c' \  n' h
I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at me with a smile that lit up her entire being. 5 G5 r" u- w' x
She said, 'Hi handsome. My name is Rose. I'm eighty-seven years old. Can I give you a hug?' ' u2 x- H0 }7 S# L9 m4 C1 W
I laughed and enthusiastically responded, 'Of course you may!' and she gave me a giant squeeze. 9 r, v  F; A* v6 k
'Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?' I asked.
- t. A8 ]4 @9 e/ [- ~, BShe jokingly replied, 'I'm here to meet a rich husband, get married, and have a couple of kids...' 3 R! N* K5 `6 A# o0 }
'No seriously,' I a sked. I was curious w hat may have motivated her to be taking on this challenge at her age. # i7 U% s. L9 [3 Y7 [
'I always dreamed of having a college education and now I'm getting one!' she told me. , X1 M5 w% H! m, P
After class we walked to the student union building and shared a chocolate milkshake. 6 S8 {# p: Q% Z& S
We became instant friends. Every day for the next three months we would leave class together and talk nonstop. I was always mesmerized listening to this 'time machine' as she shared her wisdom and experience with me. ! K& q1 H- i$ {7 `+ a9 @1 |5 M, h( L
Over the course of the year, Rose became a campus icon and she easily made friends wherever she went. She loved to dress up and she reveled in the attention bestowed upon her from the other students. She was living it up. ) P9 `( X! W. W9 r5 v
At the end of the semester we invited Rose to speak at our football banquet. I'll never forget what she taught us. She was introduced and stepped up to the podium. As she began to deliver her prepared speech, she dropped her three by five cards on the floor.
$ @5 B/ y- L/ m. s9 |; fFrustrated and a little embarrassed she leaned into the microphone and simply said, 'I'm sorry I'm so jittery. I gave up beer for Lent and this whiskey is killing me! I'll never get my speech back in order so let me just tell you what I know.'
4 o, g' K  U7 q  vAs we laughed she cleared her throat and began, ' We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing.
9 v/ R( ?# m2 }- {2 qThere are only four secrets to staying young, being happy, and achieving success. You have to laugh and find humor every day. You've got to have a dream. When you lose your dreams, you die.
' d  O2 }/ B* Y. ]& eWe have so many people walking around who are dead and don't even know it! $ P2 h1 x; _* L( t2 g8 ?2 D
There is a huge difference between growing older and growing up. , s( w% R, a3 r$ H" L) {: f8 M" b
If you are nineteen years old and lie in bed for one full year and don't do one productive thing, you will turn twenty years old. If I am eighty-seven years old and stay in bed for a year and never do anything I will turn eighty-eight." m  {" i+ l/ m; B% S
Anybody can grow older. That doesn't take any talent or ability. The idea is to grow up by always finding opportunity in change. Have no regrets. / ]* S2 n+ F( H0 C+ g& I6 h6 k
The elderly usually don't have regrets for what we did, but rather for things we did not do. The only people who fear death are those with regrets.'
# y  _4 Q8 `: F) z! Q  yShe concluded her speech by courageously singing 'The Rose.'
8 u! K. Z! {1 m0 i; A6 DShe challenged each of us to study the lyrics and live them out in our daily lives. At the year's end Rose finished the college degree she had begun all those years ago.
$ z/ S/ c5 c" l* W* P: H( UOne week after graduation Rose died peacefully in her sleep.
+ G9 }8 N9 W+ K) u) S! KOver two thousand college students attended her funeral in tribute to the wonderful woman who taught by example that it's never too late to be all you can possibly be.' R8 _: f) ?% V9 H2 L# m% M7 `4 R. a
When you finish reading this, please send this peaceful word of advice to your friends and family, they'll really enjoy it! . l4 z. I7 h& R8 G) k' @8 L
These words have been passed along in loving memory of ROSE.
4 E6 s' H6 g& H# |" u0 n2 yREMEMBER, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL. We make a Living by what we get. We make a Life by what we give.
' R0 N) V8 l% d* [6 W2 u. A3 jGod promises a safe landing, not a calm passage. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
4 @. C, p, r/ D( L
4 i( B! `; G1 @From Chicken Soup of the Soul6 \% W6 q: r6 `/ ~0 K2 ]
$ j* T1 d/ w5 R" {1 x* ^
※以上内容均来自《英语学习》(教师版)2015年第2期,版权所有,转载请务必注明出处。: @4 ]+ C& K3 L8 K7 ~  P6 U- l

0 z  b9 ^1 [( l9 O' X) Y" [6 m2 ~6 _, }

转载自公众号: 英语学习教师版

7 g; I. _2 A  @6 P) [$ z* x- m9 e
$ t/ U" Z, c% \" ~" f$ A0 @% Q

本版积分规则

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|王建华四维英语工作室 ( 赣ICP备10001015号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 13:07 , Processed in 0.109375 second(s), 38 queries .