admin 发表于 2015-6-2 17:23:12

Nude Photos in Forbidden City Spark Controversy

A series of photos showing a nude model posing in the Forbidden City has sparked heated online debate.

These photos were posted on Weibo by Wang Dong, the photographer, on May 17th. The photos showed a nude model straddling a stone slab and posing with a stone pillar.

Many Chinese netizens criticized the photos for "tarnishing the solemnity of the Forbidden City and corrupting public morals." But Wang Dong said it is natural to take nude portraits at tourist attractions.

Wang said: "I do not intend to deliberately defame any culture or civilization."

Officials in the Forbidden City have not responded.

A sample of comments on Weibo:

@Liuliyuan: The pictures are tarnishing the solemnity of the Forbidden City! I don't think it is appropriate and who allowed him to do so? Where are officials? Say something!

@Rocker_and_Philosopher : What is wrong with you people? Do any of you know art? I don't think these photos can offend anyone.

@Water_is_cold: I understand why people feel offended by these pictures. The photographer can do his art in any places but in public and the Forbidden City!

@Dengeril: I don't think it is that serious. If the photographer did not choose the Forbidden City to do the photo shoot, I don't think people would react so badly.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Nude Photos in Forbidden City Spark Controversy